Advertisement

title-icon

Boy Tells Mom Dinner Is Hurting His Throat, Then Emergency X-Ray Reveals Metal BBQ Bristle

Advertisement

One of the best parts about summer is eating outside. From picnics to barbecues, summertime food is way more fun than any other food served any other time of the year.

If you love barbecues, there are a few things you should probably know — including things you should never do.

But in addition to never mixing raw and cooked meats, or avoiding inhaling the grill smoke, there’s something else you should avoid doing: using a metal barbecue bristle brush.

Recently, Jenna Kuchik was enjoying a lovely barbecue dinner when her son, Ollie, suddenly started crying and complaining.

Ollie told his parents that there was something stuck in his throat — he couldn’t swallow and was in a lot of pain. That’s when Jenna realized that a bristle from the brush had probably gotten caught in her son’s throat.

Her husband, Matt, looked at the other chicken, and when he saw another metal bristle, they rushed Ollie to the hospital.

[H/T: Love What Matters]

1/8

< >

Jenna shared their experience on the Facebook page Love What Matters, where it quickly drew a lot of attention.

Within hours, the post had over 8,700 reactions and over 9,800 shares.

What do you think?